Spend a day with your child doing random acts of kindness. Help your child come up with a plan of acts that you can do together, then go do them! You can pay for someone's coffee, leave kind notes for someone, bring your neighbor flowers, etc.
Here are some books to help you learn more about kindness:
Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson
The Invinsible Boy by Trudy ludwig
Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
If You Plant a Seed by Kadir Nelson
Here are some discussion points to help you talk about kindness with your child:
- What does kindness mean and why is it important?
- Are you a kind person? Explain your answer.
- Tell about a time when it was hard for you to show kindness. What did you do?
- How do you feel when others are kind to you? How do you feel when olthers are not kind to you?
- What is the kindest thing anyone has ever said or done for you?