Throughout the month of October, we are going to be learning about bullying - what it is, why it's important and how to stand up for ourselves and others. Learning happens best when it is done both at school and at home. I hope that extending our topic at home is just as much fun!
Here are some discussion points to help you talk about bullying with your child:
- What do you think the word bullying means?
- Why is it important to stand up to bullying?
- Have you ever been bullied? If so, tell me about it.
- Would you feel comfortable telling me if you were being bullied? Why or why not?
- How can I help you stand up for yourself and others?
- Have you ever had to stand up for yourself or others. Tell me how it went.
Here are some books to help you learn more about bullying: