Throughout the month of September, we are going to be learning about self control - what it is, why it's important and how to practicec it. Learning happens best when it is done both at school and at home.
Here are some discussion points to help you talk about self control with your child:
- What does self control mean and why do you think it is important?
- Is self control easy or difficult for you? Why?
- Tell me about a time when you used self control.
- Tell me about a time when you didn't use self control.
- How do you think using self control can help you in school?
- How do you think using self control can help you outside of school?
- How would your life look different if you used more self control?
Here are some books to help you learn more about self control: