The East Central High School Choir has participated again this year on the State level at the All State Conference held March 22-24 in Hattiesburg ms. Students individually auditioned in January for a spot in the All state Womens or SATB Mixed choir. East Central High School had thirteen students selected for these honor choirs. These students spend an entire weekend working with professional conductors from around the world while learning a high caliber repertoire. The All- state women's honor choir included Hayley Schwartz, Savannah Holder, Miranda Dickson, Savana Duke, Raelynn Stringer and Jairah Nelson. The SATB Mixed All state honor choir included Chloe Nobles, Madison Strickler, Jaci Murden, Mamie Cupit, Scotti Durich, Kyle Samples and Tyler Sperry. East Central High had the only students in the district selected for these State Honor Choirs.
- The East Central High School Choir, under the direction of Vicki Bosarge, offers several programs. The following programs include:
- Advanced Women’s Ensemble (an auditioned a cappella SSAA choir)
- Concert Choir (beginner SATB choir)
The choir and ensemble participates annually in District and State Choral Festival. For the past several years the choir has brought home superiors from competition as well as sweepstakes awards and sight-reading from all MSHSAA judges.
- Students also are invited each year to participate in The University of Southern Mississippi’s invitational choral conference. This is a two day conference where seniors have the exclusive privilege to audition for scholarships at the university.
- Each year East Centrals Choir auditions for the Mississippi All State Women’s ensemble and SATB choir. This recognition also leads to scholarship opportunities for seniors. For the past years, ECHS has dominated in the amount of students in the honor choir. Students that are accepted into the choirs travel to USM for three days to participate in the Mississippi State Choral Conference in March.
- ECHS participates in the Festival of Choirs hosted by USM. This opportunity gives our students the spotlight to sing a stand-alone piece as well as singing with USM’s chorales, ensembles and several coast choirs totaling in over 380 singers.
- The choir also sponsors many other performance opportunities for the community such as Veteran’s day, Winter and Spring Concerts. Any student that is interested in being a part of the all superior ECHS choir should see Mrs. Bosarge for a simple audition procedure.
- September 25 & 26: Southern Invitational Choral Concert, select of 12 auditioned students-more information will follow as received. USM- students are responsible for registration $58, Hotel rooms $90 (may be split among students) and each child must be chaperoned with transportation
- October 10: Festival of Choirs, St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church Long Beach, MS Mass Rehearsal 4:00 p.m. Concert 7 p.m. Bus will be provided for transportation. (pending approval)
- October 26: Jones County Jr. College , MS Deadline to sign up for State Honor Choir-students responsible for all fees (registration, Music) and rooming fees if they are selected.
- November 9: Veterans Program- ECHS Gym 9 a.m. Sopranos please wear Red, Basses, tenors please wear white, and Altos please wear navy blue.
- December 5: Christmas Concert – 6:00 PM Safe Harbor Methodist Church
- December 15th: 60% DAY…performance at very merry Christmas at first Baptist church in Pascagoula. Students will wear jeans and their choir t-shirt. All students must arrive at 4:45 p.m. to eat free with the artist. All Parents must purchase a ticket in advance for $16.00 forms will be sent home. This event has limited seating. Parent must provide transportation.
- January 16th: All state honor try outs Jones Jr College Ms
- March 6-7:State Performance Assessment – Pearl River Community College – (specific Date & Time TBA)
- March 9t: Pageant set up
- March 10th: ECLE and ECUE Pageant – ECHS Cafeteria 9:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- March 22-24: State Honor Choir Conference: Students that are selected by auditions on January 16 are required to attend this conference. Students are responsible for their meals, traveling and rooming fees. Parents should be prepared to arrange transportation for their child.
- April: Spring Concert – 6:00 PM – (Location TBA)
- May: Banquet- 6:00 p.m. Location TBA