- A student shall be present for sixty (60) minutes of class time to be counted present.
- Students attending classes at the Technology Center must be present for five minutes more than half the class period to be counted present.
- Two absences of each nine-week grading period will be considered excused if a parent note is provided upon return to school.
- These excuses are to be turned in to the office before the first bell rings to start the school day.
- Excuses will only be accepted up to 2 days after the student returns to school. (Refer to General Attendance Section)
- Students missing 5, 10, and 12 unexcused days will be referred to the Attendance Officer.
- Upon the 10th consecutive unexcused absence the student will be withdrawn from school and referred to the truancy officer for attendance intervention.
- Upon the 10th unexcused absence throughout the school year, the student will be referred to TST.
- The Jackson County School District does not recognize or sanction senior skip day or skip day for any other grade.
See JCSD School Board Policy JAB and ADE.